Does your organization participate in trade shows, conventions, and conferences? Are you a member of a trade association that sponsors these kinds of events?
Custom lapel pins featuring your organization’s branding are a proven and popular way to drive traffic, awareness, engagement, leads, word-of-mouth, and sales. They’re surprisingly affordable, especially compared with most trade-show paraphernalia.
Who Should Wear Branded Lapel Pins at Trade Shows and Conventions?
Every attendee who represents your firm, group, or organization. Depending on the purpose and theme of the trade show, you’ll find pin-wearing attendees repping:
- Businesses and corporations
- Trade associations
- Police and firefighter associations
- Churches and parachurch ministries
- Schools and universities
- Teachers and professors
- Clubs and civic groups
- Charities and fundraisers
- Hospitals and health-care providers
- Homeschool publishers and curriculum providers
- Local outreach groups such as homeless shelters and crisis-control centers
- Pin traders and other interest groups
- And many more. If you belong to any kind of group, and you want to reach your target audience – up close and in person – wear a custom lapel pin!
Lapel pins are also perfect for individual professionals keen on marketing their products and/or services at large events. These include artisans, artists, hobbyists, software developers, tutors, building contractors, you name it.
How to Use Lapel Pins to Reach Your Trade-Show Audience
Your options are pretty much endless:
- Create unique lapel pins that stand out in a crowd and attract interest. Sure, logo pins probably leap to mind, but, with the help of Sunset Pins & Coins, you can have pins that tell a story, support a cause, and otherwise make visitors want one of your pins for themselves.
- Have all employees attending the show wear your branded pins. Encourage them to use the pins as ice breakers – to tell the story, answer questions, or just show off how very cool your distinctive design is.
- Keep a supply of your pins at your booth and hand them out to everyone who browses your exhibit.
- Include your lapel pins in swag bags provided to patrons and visitors.
- Decorate your booth or exhibit with lapel pins.
- Trade your pins with other pin traders (at pin-trading conventions).
What Design Elements Should You Feature on Your Pins?
The sky’s the limit! But, at a minimum, we recommend:
- Your logo – perhaps.
- The name of your organization, maybe as a logotype circling the pin’s main image
- A colorful image specific to the product or service you’re promoting
- A short, punchy tag line or catchy message (if it will comfortably fit)
- The slogan for a cause your business is passionate about
What Kind of Lapel Pin Should You Opt For?
At Sunset Pins & Coins, we offer several options, each with its own benefits. Go with the choice that best suits your plans and purposes.
- Soft enamel pins. By far our most popular option, these beautiful pins offer two key advantages. They’re extremely affordable, and they’re easy to produce – usually within 10 to 12 days after you place your order. Best of all, they deliver an eye-catching ridged texture and richly colored enamel fill.
- Hard enamel pins (cloisonné). These boast vivid enamel fill for a luxe multicolor look. But, unlikesoft enamel, they’re smooth, not textured, with a sleek polished surface that gleams like a brilliant jewel. And, since they’re extremely durable, they work well as heirloom keepsakes.
- Die-Struck Pins. Typically monotone, these pins are plated with a precious metal like gold or silver or a premium metal like copper. Sometimes they’re burnished for a vintage look and/or edged with jet-black trim.
- Offset Printed Pins. These eye-popping pins incorporate offset photography, the same classic technology used for expensive full-color brochures and famous magazines. Their imagery is amazingly clear, colorful, nuanced, and detailed.
Contact Sunset Pins & Coins to Order Your Custom Lapel Pins
Call 1-800-890-2789 to get the ball rolling with your design.
Don’t have a design? Our talented artists are trained to turn your concepts into reality. They specialize in lapel-pin design, which differs in significant ways from conventional graphic design. So, you can trust them for a finished concept that captures your vision perfectly. Remember, you’ll have input throughout the process, so you can ensure the result you want.
Already have a finished design? We’ll gladly work with your custom artwork, tweaking it only when strictly necessary for proper manufacturing. Of course, we’ll always get your buyoff on any slight modifications we make. This is your show, and we’re here to serve, not to get in the way!
In just a few short weeks, you’ll have your classy lapel pins, all ready to wear and display at your next trade show or convention.